Deadline to register for Spring 2022 testing is February 11, 2022.
Cost for all grades — $35
Dates for online testing will be between March 7-April 29
*Please note that the registration process has changed. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully, especially Step #3 below!
CHEWV provides private online testing in addition to our traditional paper-and-pencil private testing option.
For online testing, the administrator is BJU Press Testing and Evaluation. The parent must arrange to have a proctor (either a parent or another adult) in the room where the child is taking the test. The parent or proctor does not need to have a college degree or teaching certificate; they are there in case there is a problem. The proctor is not to help the child in any way during the test except for technical difficulties.
Special accomodations cannot be made for online testing.
- Windows, Mac, iPad, and Chromebook devices can be used.
- Before registering for online testing, the parent must first do a System Check to check device settings and bandwidth.
- The parent must provide the remote proctor’s name, email, and phone number. This person must be available at these contact methods during testing, and must contact the BJU Press Testing and Evaluation Test Administrator if there are any technology issues during testing, such as an internet/power outage, student unexpectedly logged out of test, etc.
- The parent must select a date and time for testing from the calendar of available test dates provided by BJU Press Testing and Evaluation during registration. Testing will be completed over the course of two days, during CHEWV’s testing window.
- The parent or the proctor will receive an email from BJU Press Testing and Evaluation about a week before your selected test date containing instructions for logging in. If you have not received this email before your testing dates, contact BJU Press right away at 800-845-5731 — please do not wait until the day of the test!
- On selected test date, the student must log in within 15 minutes prior to the start time of testing. There will be a drawing page in between subtests for those students who finish early. See the daily schedule for scheduled breaks.
2. Pre-register for online testing here.
3. Complete your registration and pay for your test by following the link on the confirmation page. That link will take you to the CHEWV Parent Portal at our test supplier. There you will order and pay for your tests. The link and full instructions are also in the email you receive from CHEWV.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.