Preparing for the Festival
Follow these steps in preparing your entry for the festival and to assure that everything is ready for the big day!
1. Practice, practice, practice…
- Music – practice timing, dynamics, expression, stage presence…
- Speech – practice diction, tone, clarity, expression, stage presence…
- Art – did you get the best angle, exposure, presentation, subject matter?
2. Read all the guidelines – guidelines are closely followed and disqualification can occur.
3. Assure all materials are obtained
- Music – original music is required – copies are not accepted. If the music is a computer download it must be clearly marked as such – source, etc. Two copies must also be presented with the measures numbered and any changes noted.
- Speech – provide original of selection (book, download with source clearly marked, etc.). Provide two copies of the selection for the judges.
- Art – Artist’s Idea Statement or Photography Idea Statement is completed (below). Assure artwork follows guidelines for presentation (matted/framed/etc.). A 3 x 5 card is prepared to label entry.
4. Date of Festival
- Assure schedule is clear of other activities – this is an all day event
- Art entries MUST be delivered to the facility the day BEFORE the actual festival by 11:00 a.m. No exceptions.
5. Choose clothing according to guidelines
Get CHEWV's FREE Homeschool Planner!
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter to get timely WV homeschool news delivered right to your inbox. As an added bonus, your confirmation email will contain the link to our FREE Planning Pages booklet. As you craft your homeschool around your unique learning and family discipleship goals, this free resource will help you get started!