Follow these steps in preparing your entry for the festival and to assure that everything is ready for the big day!
1. Practice, practice, practice…
- Music – practice timing, dynamics, expression, stage presence…
- Speech – practice diction, tone, clarity, expression, stage presence…
- Art – did you get the best angle, exposure, presentation, subject matter?
2. Read all the guidelines – guidelines are closely followed and disqualification can occur.
- General guidelines are before each category
- Specific guidelines are with each entry
- Judging Forms
3. Assure all materials are obtained
- Music – original music is required – copies are not accepted. If the music is a computer download it must be clearly marked as such – source, etc. Two copies must also be presented with the measures numbered and any changes noted.
- Speech – provide original of selection (book, download with source clearly marked, etc.). Provide two copies of the selection for the judges.
- Art – Artist’s Idea Statement or Photography Idea Statement is completed (below). Assure artwork follows guidelines for presentation (matted/framed/etc.). A 3 x 5 card is prepared to label entry.
4. Date of Festival
- Assure schedule is clear of other activities – this is an all day event
- Art entries MUST be delivered to the facility the day BEFORE the actual festival by 11:00 a.m. No exceptions.
5. Choose clothing according to guidelines