Registration deadline for Spring 2021 testing has been extended again through February 9.
Testing window is March 8-April 23.
Cost: K-2nd grade — $36; 3rd grade and up — $26
Our private, paper-and-pencil testing option is available anywhere in the Mountain State as long as the parent secures an approved administrator. Since we provide the test through BJU Press Testing and Evaluation, “approval” means that the test giver has a bachelor’s degree or a teaching certificate, and has verified that credential with BJU Press Testing and Evaluation. The administrator must also follow standardized procedure – which is fully explained in the Test Directions booklet sent with the tests.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that their administrator has been approved by BJU Press Testing & Evaluation. Tests administered by non-approved administrators cannot be scored. Approved administrators may be available in your area or we can explain the simple procedure for getting a new administrator approved.
- The parent must ensure that the test can be administered within the CHEWV testing window dates.
- The parent then provides the willing administrator’s contact information and BJU Press Testing and Evaluation account number when registering. If the administrator is not yet approved, the parent must ensure that the administrator submits an application by the end of January. If you need someone to talk you through that process, email us at email@example.com.
- After confirming that the administrator is approved, CHEWV will have the tests sent to the administrator just prior to the testing window.
- The parent must make the necessary arrangements (location, date, fee) with the administrator for testing during the testing window. All the necessary paperwork will be emailed to the administrator; parents should remind him/her to have the paperwork printed out and ready for administration.
- After testing, the administrator must sign a statement that they followed standardized procedures before returning the completed tests to CHEWV (not BJU Press Testing and Evaluation), preferably by trackable mail. The parent should make mailing arrangements, although the administrator should literally mail them. The tests must remain with the administrator at all times until returned to CHEWV.
If for any reason you are unable to register online, choose the mail-in option here.
Mail private testing registrations to:Don and Carole Werner
1561 Stewartstown Road Morgantown, WV 26505
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get CHEWV's FREE Homeschool Planner!
Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter to get timely WV homeschool news delivered right to your inbox. As an added bonus, your confirmation email will contain the link to our FREE Planning Pages booklet. As you craft your homeschool around your unique learning and family discipleship goals, this free resource will help you get started!