If you have tested with CHEWV and are awaiting your scores, this is what to expect:
- The email address you provided at registration will be used. Contact email@example.com to make any changes.
- Please note: Scores for online tests are available more quickly than those from paper tests. Online test results are usually ready about a week or so after completion. Paper tests are scored as a group when all have been returned at the end of the testing window, and those results take longer to process.
- You will receive an email from BJU Press Testing & Evaluation, our test distributor, when scores are ready. That email will contain a link by which you can access your children’s scores from a secure website hosted by BJU Press Testing & Evaluation. There the official scores can both be retrieved and printed.
- Because the law requires that assessments for every child of compulsory age be maintained for three years, it’s important that you print a copy of your test results for your records – in case of a computer glitch.
- Score reports will include a Student Performance Profile and a Profile Narrative. But neither of these is what you should submit to the county.
- Once all scores are available, CHEWV will create the WV-specific report sheet you requested at registration. If you chose to receive a PDF version, you will receive it in your email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox by the end of May. If you chose a hard copy, it will come in the mail. This physical report should arrive in a regular business-size envelope around the beginning of June if not before.
- The County Report will contain only the five required scores, the mean stanine, and the publishing or norm date of the test. Assessment results for students in grades 3, 5, 8, and 11 are due to the county by June 30. If you are submitting test scores, CHEWV’s County Report is sufficient. Please note that CHEWV does not give assessment results to the counties; the parent is responsible to do that for each homeschooled child in the required grades.
If you are trying to locate past CHEWV scores, this is the process:
Go to www.bjupresshomeschool.com and choose “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner. After logging in, hover over your name in the upper right hand corner and choose “My Account.” From there, choose “My Tests.” This should take you to the page with your children’s scores. You may have to adjust the dates to see them.
If you have difficulty with your account page, contact BJU Press Testing & Evaluation at email@example.com or by calling 800-845-5731. Other questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.