We ask that the submissions be the student’s best work.
The schools and CHEWV are limited as to number of participants in each category. CHEWV may have 4 participants in each category at the Senior High level, but only 3 at each of the Junior High/Elementary levels. There is a likelihood that more CHEWV students register than can be accommodated; therefore, entries will be critiqued to choose the best qualified entrants to represent CHEWV. To aid in this critiquing process, the following steps are required.
Steps to Register
- All registrants MUST be CHEWV members
- Assure the scheduled dates are convenient for you
- Mark the deadline for registration
- Begin preparing your selection now!
- Carefully read the guidelines and category requirements – Failure to comply with any rules will be cause for disqualification. They can be found at the top of the area (Bible, Speech, Art, Music, & Academics) and with the individual listing of the available options on the Categories page. There is also a dress code that must be followed. See Helpful Hints for those details. Also, see the page Judging Forms to become familiar with the criteria judges will use for the particular category.
- Make a video or take a photo to submit with entry – meeting this requirement takes advanced planning. The entry does not have to be perfected at the time of registration, but it should show quality for critiquing. For example, memorization is not necessary at this point or the art may only be 40% completed. Meeting this requirement helps assure that the student is on a time schedule for a successful performance and there is not a last minute rush in preparation.
- Make a copy of music to submit with your entry
- Complete the registration form